Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is this heaven?


I could think of no better way to end my thoughts on Russia than what I found to be the best part of it all. When we came across a small strip of land in Voronezh I felt as if I stepped onto a tiny piece of heaven... on earth. It's as if the Russians knew the deepest desires of my heart, without me even knowing it, and brought those desires to life.

On this tiny piece of heaven were kiosk after kiosk of homemade cookie vendors. Cookies were showcased in glass windows with a small opening for the transactions to take place. The sheer brilliance of it all made my heart leap with joy.

If I'm able to design my own heaven it will have a million cookie filled kiosks and, even though the ones in Russia were only $1.00 per pound, the cookies in my heaven will be free. And yes, you'll be more than welcome to come visit.

No comments: