Monday, June 28, 2010

Explanation

My journey home started with a proposal and an email.  A wedding proposal to be exact, which was given to my cousin, who later sent an email inviting me to celebrate her big day with the rest of my extended family. 

Initially I wasn't going to go.  In doing so I'd break all my previously stipulated principles.  And I couldn't do that, because I am a woman of my word.  I try not to waver in my thoughts and actions.  I stand firm in my resolutions.  In going back to the states I'd be unfaithful to myself, who I am, and my hard rooted principles... unless...

Unless I could save face by going back without having to take any vacation days.  Because I did have a desire to see both my immediate and extended family and have a mini-reunion of sorts; one that we haven't had in nearly 10 years.  And I did want to see friends that I hadn't seen in over 2 years (since I can count on one hand the number of friends who had come to visit me during that time).

And when I received confirmation from my manager that I could work from the office in North Carolina, thus enabling me to take a 2 week vacation without using a single vacation day (well, I did use one day), I bought tickets for my flight home.

No comments: