Monday, July 18, 2011

Wadi: an Arabic term traditionally referring to a valley

Two things.  That's all I wanted out of our entire vacation together.  The first was to visit Petra, and the second was to go canyoning.  My second desire was touch and go for a while during vacation planning, but in the end it was better than I could have wished for.  Abseiling, hiking from 500 feet above sea level to 400 feet below with a delightful guide, water sliding and more.


Fun fact:  after we completed our hike, our driver took us to the top of Mount Nebo (where Moses was given a view of the promised land).  On our descent, the driver stopped the car, put it in neutral and stepped out.  The car then began to go backwards - UP the hill.  I wouldn't have believed it had I not experienced it myself.  But I did.  So now I believe.

No comments: