Friday, September 13, 2013

unplanned detour

The plan was to stay in the Tuscany region, with a short venture to Milan visiting a friend. Instead, thanks to a (very) last minute piece of information, I took a 1 o'clock in the morning bus from Pisa to Florence, a 4 AM train to Bologna, and 6 AM train to Venice where I took my final train at 9 AM to Trieste in order to meet up with a friend who's trip home just happened to coincide with my trip.

Near Venice, Trieste is a non-touristy port town located on the Slovenian border. So close to the border, in fact, that as Giulia's mom drove us around, we weaved in and out of the country multiple times.

Why so few venture as far as Venice, but don't take the added trip to Trieste is beyond me.






1 comment:

Patti said...

I'd never heard of Trieste. It's lovely.