If I had expected a relaxing trip back to the states, I would have had a rude awakening. Most days (at least the ones in North Carolina) I was up and out of the house by 6:45am and didn't return until 10:30pm. And I loved every second.
- I loved holding my nephew, and seeing him love me so much that he'd cry (with joy, I'd like to think) each time I came near him.
- I loved knocking off the items of my wish list, restaurant for restaurant, purchase by purchase.
- I loved spending time with my brother and his wife, and watch their apartment transform from a near empty shell with just an air mattress to sleep on, to a fully furnished, entirely decorated dwelling - in 10 days.
- I loved seeing my dad and receiving packed lunches made especially for me, so that his "little girl won't go hungry at work."
- I even loved working back in my old office... but as a DUTCH employee, in order to somewhat distance myself from my previous work life.
- And I loved, loved spending afternoons and evenings with friends, eating ice cream for dinner or cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory.