Tuesday, March 4, 2008

from "Hurry Up and Wait" to "GO, GO, GO"

Those of you who know my story, know that my move across the pond hasn't been smooth sailing. Even now as 11 months has turn into a day and a half, the waves are still crashing. Will I get everything done in time, and more than that,... will I have a place to live once I arrive? I found my apartment on Craig's List, and if I haven't been scammed, the photo is where I'll be living... otherwise... I could be lucky enough to find an empty houseboat, right?



I guess it would have been less of an adventure in the long run if I had arrived 3 months after I decided to go like I was told, or if I knew 100% that the apartment I've rented in Amsterdam is legit. But then again... what would have been the fun in that?

I guess the major question will be, has the last 11 months become a prototype of what is to come? If so... there will never be a dull moment, of that, I have no doubt!

1 comment:

Krista said...

YEA! You are finally leaving, and you think you have an appartment! that is enough for me to be excited! I am glad you started a blog to keep everyone informed while you are gone...i for sure will read it.

love ya!