Saturday, March 29, 2008

No one said I need to pack cold medicine too!


On Wednesday I started to get sick... and by Thursday I was starting to suffer. Now I'm living with a cold... or a flu, not quite sure really. But to be safe, I'll say it's both. Now, that wouldn't be a problem if I was in the states, since there are a plethora of over-the-counter medications to choose from. Any ailment can be cured... in the US. However, Holland has never heard of Nyquil, Benadryl, or even Tylenol! Instead, for a cold/flu you have 2 options (that is, if you don't have a cough). You can either take a painkiller without vitamin C or with vitamin C. The painkiller is also a fever reducer I should add. But, to make it look like you have more than just two options, they have 2 varieties of the medicine. You can take it in tablet form, or as a tea. I have both versions... talk about living on the edge! Has it been working you ask? Well, it has helped with my body aches and has kept my fever down, but it hasn't really helped with my overwhelming bouts of nausea, my stuffy nose and sore throat. So, if you plan on visiting Europe, be on the safe side, and bring your own medicine.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry you're sick - boo! I wonder if it's your body adjusting to new Netherland germs!

I can't believe you are so limited in your medicinal choices! Yuck! I hope you start feeling better!

ReL said...

Couldn't you go online and order something from an online drugstore? Ooh, maybe not :-/ they probably don't ship there. That seriously SUCKS. If you're still sick maybe you could get someone here to mail you some nyquil!

Anonymous said...

I was so sad for you when Danielle and I were talking about this over the weekend! We need to plan ahead and start sending you the goods now!! :)