Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The next Van Gogh?

We've had beautiful weather this week, and today was especially nice. So, I decided to take advantage of the 70 degree weather this evening. I grabbed a book and made my way over to a park near my house which overlooks a tree lined canal and beautiful 150 year old homes. As I'd read, I'd occasionally look up and watch a boat or two pass by.

At one point I glanced down the walkway and saw a man looking upward intently and wiggle his index finger in the air. I looked around to see if there was anyone on the other side of the canal that he could have been motioning to, but no one was looking in his direction. As I sat there watching him wiggle his finger, step back, move forward again and wiggle his finger, sit down on the bench behind him, stand back up and wiggle his finger in the air, I decided he must be painting the sky.

I couldn't help but smile while watching him, and wonder not only what his masterpiece looked like, but what it actually was he held in his hand and smoked as he admired his creation.

1 comment:

ReL said...

Whatever he was smoking it must have been something good.