Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Whatever the weather...

This picture was taken today: July 8, 2008. I live in the northern hemisphere which means: it's summer. That's what dawned on me as I was looking around today. It's summer, but everyone is wearing a jacket... and light scarves even. I myself have on long sleeves and wore a jacket outside. Today was a crisp 61 degree summer day. I don't mind though. At least the temperature hasn't been in the 90's, like my US counterparts have been experiencing for the past few weeks. Actually, the temperature has never reached higher than 82 degrees since I've been here. Surprisingly, I don't miss the summer weather... (which may be due to the fact that there is no pool or warm ocean nearby).

However, it does pose just one question in my mind. We use the term "Indian Summer" for unseasonably warm weather in the fall, but what is the term for cold weather in the summer?

4 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

PARADISE....

Meredith said...

I love hearing about your little adventures there... It's so beautiful!!

PS. I tagged you!

Jenny and Jake said...

Hello! I am so glad you found me! Wow,, it looks like you are living in a really cool place! I need to get your email so I can catch up:) lots of love! -Jenny

Anonymous said...

this weather and garb reminds me a little of...hmm...San Francisco! a little chilly, or "crisp" rather. we did get some warmer days around 70 while we were there. (Glad you are loving life!! Miss you!)