Sunday, March 11, 2012

The best of: Year Four

Nostalgia.  That's what I get while looking through a years worth of travel photos.  Profound nostalgia.  My goal in looking at the photos wasn't really to will myself back to that place and time... although I can't say I didn't have those moments, but it was to find one photo per country to sum up my experience. Let me just state now, it was an impossible feat. Even choosing one photo per location (city, countryside, experience, etc) proved difficult. Very difficult. But I did it.  (Despite my deep seeded desire to sneak in a few extra photos).

Bosnia
Sarajevo
Srebrenica
Mostar

Israel
Jerusalem
Jordan River
Dead Sea
Bethlehem
Tel Aviv


Jordan
Petra
OK, so I added another Petra photo.  I couldn't help myself.
hiking Wadi Rum
Jerash

 Sardinia
La Maddalena


Corsica
Bonifacio

 Slovenia
Lake Bled
Slovenian countryside
Ljubljana


Thailand
Bang Bao
meditation monastery
Koh Chang


 United States
San Francisco 
New York City

1 comment:

Bardsleyland said...

Beautiful pictures!

I can relate; I spent last week sorting through thousands of our pictures from the past 9 years and getting them organized. We don't have pictures from such amazing locations as you, but it's nearly impossible to choose just one favorite.

Looks like it was a great year for travel!